Monday 22 June 2015

Lava

Lava


We are going towards Lava. From there we will go to Rishop. That is our destination for today. We have crossed Chalsa now. The road from Samsing to Chalsa was very scenic. The tea gardens on both sides of the road sitting on inclined ground surfaces under the clear blue sky have made our journey spectacular.

We have reached Mal (Malbazar). Here we are going to have some food. This is a town and seems busier than the other places we have visited in this trip. Hasanur has parked the car after finding a suitable spot. After a little walk we have found a restaurant and we have walked in. We have ordered Maggie (noodles) for all of us. 

 Road map from Samsing to Lava
( Have you found my scale? )

We are now moving towards Damdim. From there we will take a right turn and move towards Gorubathan. We have bought some snacks from Mal. 

We have crossed Gourbathan. The road is now going along a river. It looks like we are leaving the plain land and entering into the mountains. The beautiful landscape having mountain, river and forests making us happier.  

Now the road is continuously going uphill. After driving for some time Hasanur has stopped the car near a big black rock. This rock is called as "Bara Patthar". We are now climbing on the rock. A staircase is curved out from the rock to make the climbing easier. I am the first person among us to climb on the rock. The spirit is high. After spending the last few days in plain land, this day is going to be different in terms of altitude. Probably that is one of the reasons to be in such high spirits. Nevertheless we all are so far very energetic in this trip.

We are on "Bara Patthar"


In my country, I have seen people write their names wherever they can. In any place on any hard object you can find many writings and drawings are inscribed. Specially love signs and plus signs can be seen between names. Hmmm... a country full with love for love and mathematics. 

There is a stream flowing beside this rock. The stream passes under the road to the other side jumping downwards. We have spent few minutes on the rock and now we are climbing down. Soumendu is having a tough time to climb down. He is sitting on his back and going down slowly. I am the last person to climb down and I am doing it standing on my feet and keeping my both hands inside the pockets of my trouser and with smile. Thanks to the six hundred rupees Sree Leathers shoe that I am wearing and to my elated mind.


Now we have come near the stream behind the Bara Patthar. Here the water is flowing down in high speed. I am standing on a rock inside the stream and thinking to shift to other rocks which are difficult to reach.


 I am pointing to the rocks where I want to go


I am doing calculation to reach on the rocks that I want to stand on. I am now executing the plan with no fear. And I have made it. The boundary between bravery and stupidity is not crisp.  :)

I have made it



But another blunder has just happened. Soumendu's cell phone has fallen into the stream. He wanted to touch the water with his hand. He was leaning on the stream from a higher rock beside it. He kept his cell phone in the chest pocket of his shirt and it got dropped. We tried to find the cell phone with our hands at the place where it fell in the water. But probably it has already covered a lot of distance to nowhere. Its lost. He bought this phone only a month back. Now we are returning to our car with grim faces.


Youtube video link:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment